M2S lab benefits from innovative, pluridisciplinary and high-level facilities to carry out research on health and performance.
Virtual reality platform
Immermove is the virtual reality platform in M2S lab. It is grouped with Immersia, the VR platform in Irisa-Inria, in a unique collaborative immersive platform named “ImmerSTAR”.
- Vertical retro-projected main screen: 12x4m
- Direct-projected ground screen: 12x4m
- 2 Christie Mirage 4K 3D projectors
- Tracking system: 6 Vicon Bonita cameras, 1 Apex
- Active stereoscopy with RF Volfoni ActiveEyes
- Surround sound 5.1
- Rendering software: Techviz
Gymnasium for movement analysis
The gymnasium (30mx20m) is fully dedicated to analyzing human motion.
- Ground forces measurement: 2 force plates 120x60cm (AMTI)
- Electromyographic system : 16 waterproof wireless mini wave infinity with a cometa Wave Plus EMG system
- Motion capture system : Vicon-MX (Oxford Metrics) with 16 cameras and Optitrack (Natural Point) with 20 cameras
- Cycle Ergometer : SRM indoortrainer science version with 7 powercontrol and a crank torque analysis system
- Head mounted display (Oculus VR): Oculus rift 1
- Kinect 2 (Microsoft)
Exercise physiology area
The exercise physiology area (100m²) is dedicated to measuring physiological parameters during rest and exercise.
- Isokinetic CON-TREX ergometer with multijoint and TP-1000 modules
- A portable cardiopulmonary exercise testing system – Metalizer 3B (Cortex)
- A permanent cardiopulmonary exercise testing system including :
- Gas exchange analysis system – Ultima CardiO2 (Medgraphics)
- An ambulatory 12-lead ECG (Mortara)
- Tensiomètre d’effort BL-6 (Metronik)
- Pulse oxymetry – (Masimo)
- Lactate test meter Sirius (H/P/Cosmos)
- Treadmill Pulsar 3P (H/P/Cosmos)
- Ergocycle Excalibur (Lode)
- Cyclus 2 Ergometer
The biology area aims at investigating cellular and molecular adaptations induced by exercise and training. It includes a biochemistry area, a cell culture area and a rodent house.
- Odyessey Infrared Imaging System – Western Blotting
- Synergey Microplate Reader (Bio-Tek) – Biochemestry analyses
- An X-band instrument EPR ECS 106 (Brucker) – ROS quantification and antioxidant capacities
- Microscope Axio Observer Z1 (Zeiss) – Cell culture imaging
- Experion Automated Electrophoresis System (Biorad )– RNA quality and quantification
- T100 Thermal Cycler (Biorad) – (PCR)
- CFX96 Touch Real-time PCR detection System (Biorad) – Q-PCR
Laboratory Animal Platform A1-A1+
Biological and medical research needs animal experiments to improve its knowledge. Currently, it is not possible to satisfactorily mimic the effects of physical exercise “in vitro”. Animal research is then a relevant solution to evaluate such effects.
In this animal experimentation platform, animals are housed in a room with A1 / A1+ (EOPS) health status with open racks. Experiments are planned with respect to the room use plan and any form of livestock cannot be performed.
Species housed in the platform: Mouse and rat
Scientific and technical manager :
- Luz Lefeuvre-Orfila, Ph.D – Engineer in Biology
Well-being unit :
- Frédéric Derbré, Assistant professor
- Dany Saligaut, Research technician
- Sophie Vincent, Assistant professor –ACMO referrer for hygiene and safety.
Referring veterinary :
- Bernard Debray
Clinique Vétérinaire, 11 place du Vert Buisson 35170 BRUZ
For any information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel :+33 290091585